Thursday 19 November 2015

My stroke of luck and positivity

You may loose all confidence, independence, strength, memory, limbs, determination, motivation and so on..

You may at first feel like it's the end of your whole world

You loose friends whom you though would stick by you no matter what

You may get sick of the 10+ tablets at numerous at parts of the day,

The hospital appointments that clash with your personal life

The struggle with giving up things you used to love doing

All because of what happened

Your life can change in a split second...

Mine made me reevaluate my whole life; choices, decisions, attitude and weaknesses.

I've been given amazing opportunities since,
Local public speeches
Meeting and greeting othe survivors
Sharing my story in the media
Exploring different options to take in your life
Having the chance to re-live my life.

I love it, I used to sit in my front room moaning grumpy and putting myself down.
Then I got up and realised I didn't want to live this kind of life forever, I wasn't going to let my stroke defeat me. Make me weaker or ruin my chance to succeed and stand out.


Never give up.
Never give in
Believe in yourself
Things get better when you start believing in yourself.

So thank you stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment