Wednesday 14 June 2017

Stepping back..

unaware of if people still follow my long and difficult recovery by following this blog..

Something that I based my life around, it's stressful to move on from everything that a stroke can do to you; as a person, your dignity and anything else you assumed would stay with you forever from confidence to independence..

I've stepped away from something that was the only way to describe me for about two years,

I see numerous posts about other 'survivors' achievements and how they're suffering from the devastation of their stroke and the aftermath of returning home, I support those who express their anger towards it.. but worry about the ordeal attacking the only part of their brain that functions properly..
who am I to judge? Something I'd get upset about if others judged me..

I've completed year two at university with;
4 B's and three C's
Basically a 2:1 following on my adventure to year three..

I am starting work experience at Kent community health trust working alongside the graphic designers to design the health magazines you may see in your local GP surgery or on a table of magazines on a desk in an office..

I start my journey as an adult who's regained her confidence and independence.

I hold my head high and my arm hangs at any position it feels comfortable with, my leg moving faster than ever.. my smile as strong as me..

I am who I am

My stroke is my past and my head will constantly be held higher than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment