Saturday 9 June 2018

Epilepsy..

Something the ‘doctors’ dont tell you is that being diagnosed with epilepsy is really common after a stroke.
I suffered my first seizure probably a year after..

tonic clonic - (grand mal)
Meaning my whole body jerks and stiffens, usually I’m unconscious which I’m grateful for due to the aftermath of how a seizure can affect you..

So far I’d say I’ve had about 5 of these
 (lack of sleep, stress and mum would say: “Liz your sugar level is low!!”)

Myoclonic seizure - ‘left arm jerk’
Liam calls it “a goo goo” my arm flicks outwards and my eyes roll, these are distressing as I’m awake & can be walking sitting or sleeping.

When you see someone suffering a seizure
Lay them on their left side ‘recovery position’
No matter how hard it is or upsetting it may seem as there could be; blood & a lot of flem,
Keep them safe & comfortable..

My beautiful brain
Educating those about my epilepsy & possibly epilepsy in general.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment