Wednesday 28 May 2014

tough times, long days

Being home is fun, despite the arguments me and my mum have (simply because I need so much help doing stuff) i'm  like an adulbut only capable of what baby can do.

I have physio everyday, which is really good but again only happens because of my age, (which is why I feel young strokes need to be noticed more).
I miss getting up and just being able to walk into town and do things I know my friends are doing (planning nights out). instead all I can do is sit and wait till my mum comes home,

I enjoy my evenings as I get to sit with people (my mum, step dad and sometimes Luke) just being around something other than a physio is fun (not having a constant reminder of how disabled I really am)

I thought i'd enjoy all the free time, but its nothing like before, I have a table in the kitchen because I can't carry things through while walking with a stick.
I get really fatigued and nap whenever I can.

Mornings are the worst, sometimes I have to wake up at 7, when my mum wakes up (otherwise i'll never get up) Its stressful more than anything, getting dressed and having no freedom, stressing over finding something thats easy to put on with one hand

I've managed to walk a lot since i've been home. walking past children is the worst, they just stare, my hand is in an upright position bent at the elbow because I can't straighten it.

press and television

As you've seen i'm in newspapers and i've been on television, If I hadn't of had such an awful thing happen to me, they wouldn't be interested.

I miss standing up in the shower, I get stuck to the stool I have to sit on because I like staying in the shower as long as I can;

I miss being able to hold a conversation and not feel tired

I miss using both hands and just being able to curl my hair

I miss walking without a stick.

Welcome Home 

On saturday I had the best welcome home party, all my best friends came, we laughed we drank and listened to music. If I had it my way i'd do it every weekend.



Wanting to give up

I know I wont, because no one will let me, but there are days when you just feel you can't do it anymore, when you watch people walking past the front room window and hate them because they have everything you want. When you try and dream about everything you had before and how you'd never of taken it for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment