Tuesday 22 March 2016

I'm still the girl...

I'm still the girl that gets questions..
''So how far are you into your recovery?''

theres no percentage on recovery, and i certainly don't want to put one on it..

I'm still the girl;
 the girl that trips over her feet when walking
the girl that gets weekly blood tests to check her blood range
the girl that takes 10 tablets a day to keep her healthy and alive
the girl that hides her arm incase it sticks out and people stare
the girl that falls over when trying to step over something
the girl that tries to hard to get back to normality
the girl who is refused physio because she's 'too far' into her recovery
the girl who struggles with remembering simple things
the girl who's smile is slightly slanted
the girl who's brain is trying to connect everyday
the girl who gets her words mixed up
the girl who can't go back to work...

I'm always recovering and I'm always going to be 'that girl'

I still get flashbacks from the night of my stroke, anyone would..

People tell me to 'move on and get over it'

How can you get over something thats damaged you and changed everything in your life, body mind and soul...


No comments:

Post a Comment