Friday 1 April 2016

Keep calm and carry on..

I'm keeping as calm as I can get, two years on from my stroke;

I take every trip or fall as a reason to focus on walking slower and I never though I'd say that,
I take every morning as a reason to get up and go, it's been taken away once before and I won't let my fatigue stop me.
I take every opportunity to carry on with my days however long they may be,
My life is a roller coaster constantly going through tunnels of crazy thoughts just like the scene in the original willy wonka;
Exciting, scary, interesting and sometimes confusing
I take my hardest to focus on everything my life throws at me; absent sezuires, headaches, a tight affected hand, my splint rubbing, my fatigue and my anxiety.

"How do you cope Lizzie?"
*oh god really?! Lizzie just be honest*
"It's hard but you just need to keep calm"

I still meet people who ask what's happened to me and still get the
"But you're so pretty and young!"
*oh come on..*
"That doesn't stop things like this happening but thank you"

I started the gym about 3 weeks ago, the last time I tried I was; too vulnerable, too weak and my epilepsy was bad, I thought I'd take my holiday in May to focus on getting stronger, it's my first holiday since my stroke without my mum.. It's an odd feeling but you've got to try new things
After a stroke it's full of testing yourself, your capabilities, finding out what you can and can't do (I'm sure sunbaving will be fine).

I have two programmes for the gym for when I'm tired and when I'm okay to carry on..

I think I need to try harder with my recovery and building muscle will help ( not looking manly)
I get stares but I carry on..

I look forward to my future as everyday is different

I can't see out of the corner of my right eye ( I only realised this when Liam tried talking to me standing on my right side and I couldn't see him)  but I keep it as a reason to look forward and just get on with life, living everyday like its my last because you never know what's around the corner..

So I'm keeping calm and carrying on...

No comments:

Post a Comment