Friday 15 July 2016

speech and language therapy..

''yeah do you remember when that bridge crashed into that van''
*Lizzie, you've got it mixed up, correct yourself*

''Lizzie, slow down you're talking so fast...''
*oh god, I needed to fit in everything I had to say..*

numerous questions are asked after i'm read a paragraph by my speech and language therapist, sometimes more than once..

*Lizzie, wake up get back on track, try to remember whats being read to you*

''Are you sure? do you need me to read it again for you, as you've completely made that up and created a whole new story..''

*urgh! I honestly thought i'd remembered everything that was read to me, clearly not.. come on brain*

''This exercise is to help with uni, as you need to learn to pick up little details within your work and possibly in lectures, as it will help towards your work''

''You seem in a good place at the moment, less wound up and more calm''


I don't know what happened to my speech after my stroke, apparently ''everyone gets their words mixed up'' but I think people tell me that to make me feel better.. I know the tone of my voice changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment