Wednesday 22 February 2017

Nothing is actually wrong..

I used to blame my stroke for ruining my life and making me so distant from this weird version of 'normal'.. just like everyone else, being able to wear heels again, able to run, use both arms and just be happy again..

When given 'goals' in hospital all I ever wanted was;
To return to uni
To learn to walk
To be able to hug again.

Everyday I hug Liam, both arms wrap around, goal complete
I'm at uni nearly completing year two
I know when to stop and not over do myself
I'm walking distances that seemed impossible three years ago

Goals are complete..
Obviously there will be more and are more but I've learnt not to put a challenge on my recovery
I'm aware it slows down, although I do still sit there trying to open my hand, hoping it'll just work.
I used and still do have people who knew me before my stroke pretend their my 'best friend' telling me that 'they got upset when they heard about it'
Funnily enough when they'd have a drink in a club..

The majority of those use the famous saying
"I still think you'll wake up one day and be back to normal"
Hahahaha give me a break..

At uni I've made the truest friends who accept me for who I am, I'm able to cut those who just want some fake relationship out of my life

I go to the gym three times a week..
my fatigue is so good that sometimes Liam needs to force me to nap because I'm genuinely not tired,
9-5 days and coping
*woo go me*

I can do this and I'll recover at my own speed and in my own time.

I live with 5 illnesses everyday of my life but I'm managing it, I'm stronger than ever and happier than I ever thought I'd be.

Here's to the rest of my life and my recovery

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment