Thursday 9 February 2017

Three year mark

normally I'm constantly blabbing on about how scared I am the night before my stroke, it's been three years and I completely forgot..
I remember when my life revolved around my stroke, my advice to people who have had one Is to focus on recovering not making your brain become hurt or upset..

I've learnt so much this past year, not just that you actually have to pay for water
But moving out and starting a refreshing milestone, I still stress a lot but I am at university and they even found out the cause of my stroke, after 2 years?!?!

I don't take things for granted anymore, I go to the gym three times a week and I've managed to loose over 2 stone, but I still moan that I'm fat, typical girl talk..

I've been on holiday with Liam and booked another one for this year, and actually walked on sand!
My next goals aren't as extreme as last year,

Gain even more confidence and just carry on recovering to my best ability,

This year I've learnt my limits and reached goals that I'd set daily, even as small as carrying my MacBook to uni..
but after a stroke small goals help you achieve a lot more than you'd think.
Yes I still struggle, I do still have a brain injury and I still get stares but I've learnt to just walk holding my head up and smile.
I even managed to buy some shoes that are in fashion! They fit with my afo that I still wear because my ankle is still weak and drop footed, I can't do some things because of my epilepsy but I'm used to it now. I'm a student ambassador as well as a course representative!
My fatigue is basically gone, Liam says he's worse than me, I never need a nap and I'm always awake.
I looked through a 'stroke diary' I decided to create just after my stroke, I still get upset reading it.

But here's to another year of positivity and happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment