Saturday 18 March 2017

I am Me

im who I am,

I may be 'the young girl who had the stroke'
But I am who I am, who I've chosen to create and become..

I spent years of my life regretting so much, blaming my brain for something that we've realised could not of been stopped or helped.

I've gone through ups and downs, my life is like a rollercoaster

I still get upset and hurt
But I refuse to let my stroke define who I am. I'm better than that.

I may walk different, my arm may be constantly bent against my stomach, it may flick out when I have sezuires. I may seem confused and may come across arrogant..
But I am me.

My brain may be struggling to connect however this is something I was told I would have to cope with.

My brain may be emotionally unstable, meaning I cry over the smallest things usually
Other people's problems
(Recently I broke down because I'd seen 24 hours in A&E and watched a lady have a stroke..)

I'm stronger than I ever have been, this could change..
anything can happen and I know that,
You learn to appreciate life for everything it brings.

I may suffer with epilepsy,
My kidneys may suffer if I'm ill
My brain may be too swollen to manage
My blood may be much thicker than anyone else's

But I'm still me,
I'm who I am and who I've become
I cope in my own ways

In the ways I've taught myself

But I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment