Friday 24 March 2017

Understanding

Something I really struggled with at university was taking notes, the filter to multitask was 'broken' I've had learning support assistants for two years helping me gain independence confidence and checking my epilepsy is stable enough to let me sit alone, also helping me hold my bags or put stuff away, if I'm honest they'd only tie my shoe laces as I like to be independent and teach myself..
Who wants an older woman following you around university helping you doing everything?
Not me anymore..

Recently as there has been cuts to learning support assistants I have decided to let those in really vulnerable conditions take my place those who need it, I've gained what I aimed to gain, I always wrote my own notes along side theirs..
my brain has adapted to something I really struggled with; note taking..

I now take my own notes and work independently, believe it or not
I've made friends, it's made me feel more confident with my disability because I've learnt to cope alone..
My grades are improving and that's something I'm proud of..

So let's complete the last year of university; my goal, my ambition and my future..

I recently signed the paper to become a student panel member, a 'job' that I now have,
As well as being a student course rep

Proving to those who think they 'can't' achieve realise they can..

No comments:

Post a Comment