Wednesday 6 December 2017

Beautiful reflection..

“Okay it’s a 20 minute scan of your brain have you had one before?”

I just lay there still as a rock, gripping onto the squidgy button they give you to squeeze if you need help..

I had my second MRI to ‘check everything is okay’

The last time I was in this particular scanner was when I was oblivious to the world, exhausted, paralysed and terrified of what was going to happen next..

This time I knew..

‘You've achieved SO much!’
‘Look how far you’ve come’
and look where you are..

Exhausted from spending the day at university and spending my time working on my project about neuroplasticity..
*if it wasn’t for this reflection you wouldn’t of created such a fantastic project*

I was Managing to hold in the tears, I just lay there gazing into the mirror that showed a reflection of a dark room that once showed my; step dad, mum and numerous doctors terrified, anxious and some crying..
this time,
a nurse just eating a sandwich..
Oblivious to the fact I’d been through so much..

an MRI..
And the beautiful reflection..

No comments:

Post a Comment