Monday 30 July 2018

Don't expect much help..

After my stroke when returning home it was adapting my mum's house
A neuropsychologist who basically put me down
6 weeks of physio & occupational therapy..

When it all came to a stop I was left feeling broken, depressed and unable to accept the change my body had gone through..

My recovery has been difficult but I realised recovery is mostly done on your own.
Learning to walk how I wanted to walk
Showering in a way I wanted to wash
Setting goals I knew were achievable and possible.

Joining a gym and being the person I wanted to be.

And realising family is a main factor of how far you have come

Recovery is a life long process & a brain injury is for life something they don't tell you.

But they don't teach you that you need to put in perspective - what's real life & how important recovery is. - there is no such thing as 'recovering 100%'

My beautiful brain
Being honest & smashing recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment