Monday 2 July 2018

Farewell

You enter a building to stay or to continue to return, entering UCA today and collecting my major project with Annabel wasn’t quite like the other times..

“This is the last time we’re going to be here”

I wandered to the toilets and gazed up at the grey walls that’d kept me safe since 2013.
The times I had new artistic ideas & couldn’t wait to start my sketchbook.
The nerves running through my body as I was about to have a tutorial
“Will my tutor like my idea?!”


This was different, we prepared to leave by carrying all our degree show work and left..
Students saying bye as they left with their artwork, all positive because they’d achieved something.
Now they have to carry the; books, final pieces & paperwork.
Mine? A poster rolled up with images of my brain scan, a thing that bought me here.


My beautiful brain
Leaving UCA..

No comments:

Post a Comment