Sunday 31 August 2014

Hospital for sick children

When I was younger because of my kidney disorder I spent basically all of my childhood in Great Ormond street hospital. It was right behind the place where I did my arm stimulation research project so me and mum obviously had to pay it a visit..

''Hospital for sick children'' was displayed in bold writing on the entrance, There it was the throat pain you get before you need to breakdown. Luckily I stopped myself, I held my head high and walked through the doors, passing children that were in wheelchairs and being fed through tubes. The pain of just seeing these children go through something they can't control is enough to break your heart. Wearing hospital gowns and holding onto their mum/dads hands probably tight enough to try and express the pain their going through. No parent should ever have to face their child being ill.

Outside were just ambulances with ''intensive care unit for children'' Thats enough to make anyones heart sink. Mine did but again I held it in. Walked through and just tried to look for this bus mum said I used to play in when I was younger, making the joke of ''we'll take a photo of you in the bus just like old times''
I'm not even a parent but just having the emotions I got from walking into the hospital and seeing young sick children ( all mainly under 5) was just horrific. So I salute my mum for seeing me through such a bad time, and of course any other parent out there with sick children..



No comments:

Post a Comment