Friday 3 June 2016

A little place I now call home

Okay so it's not that little..

I've moved out of my mums house and moved in with Liam into our own place..
Something I never thought would happen but has (obviously)

The first part was the most stressful;
* Lizzie wake up, come on just relax*
I smashed my head on the bathroom by having a huge sezuire

I've enjoyed decorating the whole place, obviously everything is girlie accept the Chelsea scarves we bought when watching the football match once.

It's odd moving away from everything you knew and understood, I mean I never knew you had to pay for water..
The first few nights were quite hard
*lizzie come on you wanted to move out..*
"Liam I'm so scared, I hate being away from home"

I've broken up from university so obviously I'm back to sitting around or cleaning,
It reminds me of when I first came out of hospital, the fears of moving around because the space was so new, the fear of getting in the shower incase I slip..

It's all gone now, they've fitted small reminders of the fact I'm still partially disabled;
A rail in the shower, easier opening doors and probably a lot more that I can't remember

I got so scared of how far away I am from everything I need to be near; the hospital, doctors, university and of course town for shopping..

I've been practicing walking to and from just so I get used to it for when I go back..

Moving out is all part of the recovery process after a stroke, might seem insane moving someone who's got a brain injury into their own place, but it was my choice over the rehabilitation centre..

It's part of the 'independence' stage..
Aswell as; washing/ drying yourself, walking, talking, thinking and many more things you can loose from a stroke.


I'd upload pictures but my phone won't let me..

No comments:

Post a Comment