Friday 17 June 2016

Exercise refferal

 I've never been the type to go to the gym, I had no motivation before my stroke. The daily mail lied, I only went to Zumba once..
Since my stroke I've joined the gym and stuck too it, I was mainly going for that 'bikini body' as hard as it is to exercise with one arm and unable to run or do much, I've lost a stone in a month, you receive 12 weeks of gym at a reduced rate, you join supervised sessions and one to ones with an instructor, to help you learn how to use machines and get you a programme written up to structure your gym time, you slowly progress as time goes on; I've improved so much, I'm much stronger and able to do a lot more, I go atleast twice a week as in starting to understand people's 'gym hype' my excitement is so high after its like a drug.. I've met so many people and it's made my confidence and independence so much better
Honestly it's the best thing I've done since my stroke, my fatigue is so much better and I feel so healthy, instead of sitting inside..
My recovery is down to me now, do something for yourself and get referred from your gp and watch your body progress..

No comments:

Post a Comment