Wednesday 7 September 2016

My slow recovering brain.

ive come to terms with the whole 'your recovery will slow down' .. People kept telling me and at first with my leg 'coming back' I thought my recovery was so fast,

No one (accept others recovering) have watched their body do amazing things and recover everyday..
The smallest improvements is enough to put a smile on your face, for the person and others..

After seeing my physiotherapist I have been strengthening my arm and shoulder,
'Work down the arm..'

I use a 0.5kg weight on my arm; lift it forwards till I can feel the stretch, push it out to the side, bend my elbow and straighten it.. All of these I repeat 3 times a day with 10 reps..

I stretch my hand, I open it on a table or against a wall and lean on it..

Last night I decided to try to use my hand, I lifted/ picked up some foam type blocks and dropped them in a box,
I managed quite a lot, mainly because Liam kept repeating 'next one, go on do another one'..

I'll recieve messages from family members saying 'keep up the good work, it's about training the brain'
Hence the name of my blog ( to those who thought I was running a marathon)

I woke up without a headache because I've released the tension I had on my shoulder

I'm slowly coming out of holding my arm and walking, it's so hard!
But this is my slow recovery, it finally seems like it's going to get better..

No comments:

Post a Comment