Thursday 1 September 2016

Not 100% but a good range

Yesterday I had physiotherapy for the first time in two years, it was mainly about my arm as I need the strength back to even start learning how to use the hand..

"okay so what can you do?"

I lift it, straighten it and lift it out to the side..

"Okay that's a lot of range and movement, could you lay on the bed.."

" relax"
She stretches my arm down back and above my head..
"Ouch ouch ouch"
*oh my god it's so sore and tight..*

You know when you have to push against the resistance of someone pushing you towards yourself..
I failed every time, but that's normal as I am still weak..

" you can feel where you haven't stretched it in a while, it's not 100% but that's normal"
*oh dear Lizzie, you need to try harder.. But how can you when you had no guidence*

"Right I'm going to get you some exercises..
Your shoulder isn't sublaxed so you get start doing weights at the gym, only small though.."
*YAAY! I email my personal trainer..*
Today I'm going to the gym to do this..

I get home and Liam stretches my arm like the exercises say..

" fuck sake I can't open my fingers to push against the wall!!"
"Lizzie, calm down and keep trying you give up to fast.."
* it's so hard, but try try try*

I managed to do all the exercises and I can move it a lot easier, it relaxes by my side after doing them too..
I used to get severe headaches after trying to move it, this made me give up.. Now they've stopped!

She told me to stop holding my arm
( I'm the girl who clings onto her left arm with my right arm, hiding the fact it rests in an awkward position)
I get embarrassed because it looks odd..
But I managed not to hold it the whole way to the gym and home..
Massive achievement ( breaking bad habits)
"You need to remember to let it relax by your side.."

I loved physio as much as I used to hate it, she really helped with giving me so much advice that's do able ( if that's a word..)

No comments:

Post a Comment