Tuesday 23 January 2018

Walking

I always update my walking blog posts because well, I can walk!

Thing is;
When it’s cold my leg goes stiff making the swing come back, causing people to stare..

After a stroke, I don’t know if this is just me as I never did it before..

I watch others walk, curious of their ‘gateway’
The patterns in their leg movement, how they control their knee and hips..
That’s how you’re taught to walk after a stroke
‘NOSE OVER TOES! BEND STRAIGHTEN’ RIGHT STOP!’
*dreaded sigh from a young girl who’s so fed up of being told when and how to walk..*

My balance is genuinely terrible but I do and always have worn stupid shoes.
I celebrated buying my first pair of ugg boots after my stroke because after a stroke you need this awful splint if like me you have drop foot.

Yes four years on it’s still here..
I had a dream it’d gone, but it hasn’t.

I quite like wearing it, it makes people aware of my disability and shows I do struggle so
 ‘DONT PUSH ME!’

but walking is good..


No comments:

Post a Comment