Saturday 26 July 2014

Oh my god...REALLY?

This week i've met so many different people that all have the same reaction.
And from this blog post i'm sure you can guess what it is.
I've spent the majority of the week with my nan which i've loved but also got annoyed with (sometimes). My nan loves a good gossip, especially about... my stroke, I love her so much but now half of deal/dover know whats happened to me.

For example we walked into new look and all I wanted to do was chat with the lady at the till (like I would of before) and my nan tells me to step back and loudly says: ''now, would you think my beautiful grand daughter has had a stroke'' This poor lady just looked so confused and stared at me, up and down.. ''No not at all''
my nan just simply says or should I say shouts '' well she has and she's made incredible progress''

This poor lady stares at me, her bottom lip shakes ''oh my god... REALLY, you can't tell, you look so good.Normally people die!''
My jaw dropped, and all I could respond is.. ''Yeah luckily I didn't''

She kind of giggled and then it happened, Something I've never witnessed before. `She burst into tears, In the middle of the shop.

I wanted to hug her and tell her I was okay, But she could only respond with ''I'm so sorry, it's the hormones''
Now, I know we were sharing personal details but I honestly didn't need to know that much.

We left the shop and I just shouted ''have a good day, sorry for upsetting you!''

My nan smiled and just kept talking about how much progress i'd made, so the rest of the customers could have a good stare at me and probably judge in their heads.


It's exactly the same reaction,minus the tears when we tried to get my blood thinners, people completely change their attitude towards you when they know why you need them, again my nan ''Now, my beautiful grand daughter needs these tablets, she's had a stroke and has run out of these tablets''
The pharmacist's jaw dropped and she just gazed at me, almost with a look of sympathy ''oh you poor thing''

I just respond ''Ahh, shit happens!''


Anyway, The moral of my blog post is, no matter what happens good or bad you can always count on you're nan to spread the word.


I love her more than words can describe but sometimes it can annoy me.




2 comments:

  1. Your nan is rightly proud of you Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to do the same thing about telling people we met that I had a stroke, I hated it and finally got her to stop. I know she was proud but I don't tell people unless they have a need to know.

    ReplyDelete