Friday 4 July 2014

turning a negative into a positive

life as we know has good days and bad days, some of us are lucky enough to be strong and deal with the shit it brings, as most of you are aware i'm the most unlucky person in the world probably..

when I was 15months old I was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome, a kidney dissorder which we've recently found out can cause blood clots

when I was 15/16 I suffered sezuires and they scanned my brain and diagnosed me with something called; benign intercranial hypertension. which means theres too much pressure in your brain (lumbar punctures release the pressure).

I've had sezuires since 2010, not frequently but occainsonally (due to stress) there wasn't a diagnosis of epilepsy untill today. (4th July 2014).

I did get anxiety from the sezuires as they were so unexpected and so uncomfortable, luckily i've realised since my stroke, life can get MUCH worse, and I've overcome the anxiety.

You might have shit days and days where life is amazing, but trust me, theres much worse things that can happen. You just have to turn a negative into a positive, move on and smile.

I've recently signed up too become as 'expert patient) - talking to people with illnesses and helping them deal with; medication, themselves and other obvious things. Hopefully I get the role, as i'd love to talk to other people about their health problems and like to think i'm helping them in some way.

I've had SO many people tell me i'm an 'inspiration' and 'so strong'. I guess i'm just used to health problems, and have learnt to deal with them, as I have no choice :)

I'm hoping to go back to uni, finish my degree and hopefully get back to work. As I used to be one of those people who complained about people just getting money off the goverment.

I have every faith in myself that aslong as my recovery is good I can do these things again.


Thought for the day:

It's just a bad day, not a bad life

and you need to turn every negative into a positive to be able to smile and move on, or as the    madagascar penguins says... 'smile and wave'


live every day as if it were your last and hold your head high.

No comments:

Post a Comment