Wednesday 23 July 2014

one of the lucky ones

Strokes affect people in different ways, I was in my eyes one of the lucky ones;
people; loose their voice, loose their personality and unfortunately some pass away

I am lucky as i've regained movement in my leg and can walk again. with and without a stick.

When I feel really down I just think of how lucky I am to even be alive. Something that when you've had a near death experience you see people that just take life for granted.

I have a huge folder full of exercises i'm meant to do but never do, just because I get so fatigued, I get so tired just looking around shops that I can't shop for long, I find talking tiring that I tend not to talk for long if I know i've got a busy day because I end up needing a nap.
I forget things so easily that I rely on my mum to write me a list of reminders.
I blow on ice cream because my brain forgets it's already cold.
I take 12 tablets daily
this is pretty much how the stroke has affected me. I can only wish it recovers more, hopefully to the point where I remember that ice cream is already cold, but yet daily I still see people moan about how crap their life is.

You never realise how short life is until something bad happens, just like how many fake friends you gain. People whom at school would treat you like dirt on their shoe but can't wait to become Facebook friends. (fuck knows why)

I've had to re-learn the simplest of things (at least thats what they'd of been before my stroke;
Learning to stand
Learning to balance
Learning to walk
Learning to shower
Learning to walk through a room holding a drink or food
Learning how to roll over in bed
Learning how to stand up from the floor







No comments:

Post a Comment