Monday 29 September 2014

A different kind of nightlife

I had the best surprise from my bestest friends on saturday,  I waited anxiously on my sofa to be picked up, not knowing where I was going or what I was doing, Georgia Chloe and Jessie came down my road. My heart racing, I walked over to the car, Georgia handed me a massive badge and birthday card.. As I opened the card, a piece of paper flew out;
''To Lizzie happy early birthday, You are getting your make-up done at MAC at 2pm''

followed by messages from everyone about how brave i've been and how today was ''my day'' and about how proud they all are of me..  I looked at Georgia and burst into tears..
''I've never had my make-up done before''

Georgia looked at me and just giggled ''Yeah I saw you'd done your make-up so nice today and now their gonna take it all of you and start again...


As I walked through town with this huge ''21 badge on'' People were staring and probably wondering why I looked so confused.. I didn't know what expression to make..

As we got to MAC my hands started shaking and the girls instantly knew who I was, so I sat on one of the chairs right near the door. Angela I think her name was came over and we decided what I was going to have done, I chose ''smokey eye'' as most people probably do, `she wiped off my make-up, I had a bare face and everyone coming in the door was bloody exposed to see the 'real me' That was scary, as she started on the eyes, the girls all left me to 'carry on'
After about probably half an hour,  I was finished and the girls came with me to buy the lipgloss she'd used on me,  I sat on the stool near mac waiting for Chantelle to buy some make-up, The girls came over to me and gave me my second surprise;
''Your getting your hair curled at Therapy ( where I get my hair done)"
I was so excited because I used to curl my hair all the time and its so hard with one arm.

We walked to therapy and Kirsty curled my hair for me, adding loads of hairspray so it stayed..

I then got the bus home and got changed. For the first time in 7 months I felt normal and exactly like I would of before. I couldn't cry because my make-up would smudge.

Lizzy picked me up an we drove to near Zizzi's and went there for my birthday meal, The girls had wine and  Georgia let me pinch some of hers, i'm not even going to lie, I was pissed after about 4 sips.


We all paid and tried to plan what we were gonna do for the rest of the evening, I chose the ballroom as we would go their before, I saw the stairs as we got it and my heart just rushed, but I managed it, walking up and having people stare was hard but shit happens, you've gotta do what you've gotta do..

I saw so many people I hadn't seen in so long, that was the best part, I sat down because I can't stand for too long. Some guy saw my badge and instantly bought me a shot, I have no idea why but I whispered into his ear ''Do you think I look weird because I can't use my arm?'' He just looked at me and went ''no course not, you nutter!'' I had the biggest grin, He obviously asked why, when I said I had a stroke he just looked at me blankly and said he didn't believe me, So I told him to ''feel my leg'' ( Feel my splint) His face was literally stunned. ''But.. you don't look like you've had a stroke'' again I smiled. I was sitting down surrounded by everything I used to be, high heels dresses and dancing away, sipping on a drink and hardly standing straight, that was the hardest part for me..
It's all been taken away in the space of one night. and was all out of my control. I'll never get that back, I'll never be strong enough for my legs to hold me, `We all had a group photo, As I stood up, the guy grabbed me my leg does this shaky thing called 'clonus' where all the nerves are reacting, I just put weight on it and it stops, I was so embarressed, I instantly sat down after the photos,

I wanted to go to the cuban, but the others didnt, luckily I saw some old mates from school, Georgina and Lauren and they took me to the cuban. we paid £5 for que jump, because we explained I couldn't stand for too long because of my stroke and the que was literally down to pizza hut. We sat down again and met some people who we spent most of the night talking to, I finally felt ''normal'' I couldn't stop smiling, I held my head high and kept walking around just chatting to people.

We eventually left the cuban and wandered to alberrys, again seeing loads of people we knew. I was so happy and never wanted the night to end, like its possibly the best night u've ever had out in Canterbury.
 It got to about 2am and I started to get tired, So Lauren's boyfriend gave me a lift home.

Honestly trying to talk to my step dad and his mate was an actual fail,  So I went to bed, I was far to drunk to get undressed so I slept in all my clothes ( Classy)

I was still drunk the next morning but i'm still alive and here! sorry to all those who find me extremely annoying ;)

I'll have to admit it was different but such a good experience, this time 4 months ago I was bed bound and never thought i'd come this far. So it's definitely boosted my confidence.





















1 comment:

  1. Finally another survivor that is willing to put away a few. I do bar stool rehab quite frequently.

    ReplyDelete