Thursday 14 May 2015

Dear brain

Dear brain that even at school most teachers and myself would even doubt if you were there, the times you failed exams and the days where you'd say stupid stuff.. 

Dear brain, I know you're struggling to deal with reconnecting and creating a way to make my body function enough to make me feel complete again 

Dear brain, I miss the way you'd think of scenarios really quickly the way you'd just let me walk faster than anyone the way you'd be letting me use my arm to do anything, the way you'd remember anything I'd ever done even the laughs and tears I cried over stupid things, the way you would be able to recognise People's emotions enough to not make me feel stupid or have someone look at me and say 
'That was a joke lizzie' 

I can't function with the way you've reconnected, I mean you've made me weak on one side a side that I never really used or depended on because I was right handed but a side that made it equal to the other,Like everyone else..

Dear brain, do you remember the days/nights I'd argue with mum or be so stressed that I'd slap my head into my hands repeatedly feeling like you'd wake up and make me happy, or the times you'd give me really good ways of making someone laugh..
No? Thought not..

Because you don't care do you? You don't have to put up with living in my shoes on a day to day basis, taking on stares and laughs from random people passing me.. 
You just have to try to 'recover' to the best you can, so please try as hard as you can, I mean you do have to process the way it all makes me feel but you struggle to even do that now,
Bring back the Lizzie that was a person not someone who lives such a different life to everyone else who's my age 

Why didn't you wait until I was old and had experienced the 'best years of my life' created a family and given myself a life of adventures and unforgettable memories.. I've missed the times that were supposedly the 'best years of life' your 20's. 

So dear brain, it can be in 5 years time tomorrow or now, please wake up and recognise you're making my life a misery 

No comments:

Post a Comment