Thursday 7 May 2015

Just don't

I'm not a poor 'thing' I'm a person who had a major stroke..
I'm not 'lucky to be alive' I'm just lucky to of recovered as much as I have 
I'm not 'unfortunate' I'm just very unlucky and stupid for not recognising the signs 
I'm not 'positive' we a get down days mine are just worse and I get upset more than you would

I try my hardest to battle with everyday, getting over the fact I'm completely different to every other 21 year old, getting over the days I stumble when I walk and feeling lost if I forget where I am, I'm just a young girl who had a stroke.. I'm not an alien nor am I proud I've had one, I'm proud I've recovered this much in such a short space of time, dealing with the fact I might not ever use my arm again trying to remember the last time I actually did, regretting the fact I didn't run the day before my stroke or walk a marathon just like everyone else, with no splint, no leg ache and no regrets in what I've become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment