Friday 1 May 2015

My first trip

Today was the first time since I was laughed at that I actually stepped on a train on my own, since my stroke.. To my dads and walked to his,
I lost all my confidence to do this when I was laughed at by a random man because I wobbled and nearly fell when standing up to get off the train,
No one understands how hard it is when you've lost all independence and confidence to actually do things you did weekly before...

I literally was so scared that id prepared in my mind; what id see, how I would get on and off, what I'd do if I fell, how I'd walk out the station and so on...

It was the best experience I've had since I first went to the hospital alone, I felt confident happy and as if I had achieved another goal in my recovery

If my phone hadn't died, it'd be much better because I could of listened to my music not some randoms loud headphones glaring out an awful song..


I walked out the station feeling so proud of myself and feeling like i had completed a level on a really hard game, Infact even bigger, I felt like I'd re walked my 10k, and taken my first steps again..

As little as it sounds, when you loose all independence and confidence you actually loose everything..

No comments:

Post a Comment