Tuesday 29 April 2014

Physio

new shoes for physio!
I haven't written any blog posts on my current physio sessions but i've improved so much, In the first month I couldn't stand for longer than 30 seconds because I was to tired and felt faint, today I am able to do;
20 hamstring curls
24 bridges
6 leg clams
balance
and walk 20 metres with a stick and supervision,
massive improvements in the space of 2months!

My physio and I am aiming to get me walking 15metres to get home, however when the community physios come in and start working with me, they should be teaching me to walk properly (and for longer)
When I first started standing, my arm was right up in my chest because the tone was so high (meaning I would use so much energy to do simple tasks) now, my arm can stay straight against my side, because the tone has gone down. (however, it still doesn't work)


I have my own wheelchair arriving on friday, my step dad and Luke always wheel themselves in my current one, but what they don't realise is, if they needed one they'd hate it.


thought for the day: If you motivate yourself to do something, you can do it! don't give up trying. you'll surprise yourself. and theres no better feeling than knowing you've achieved something you thought you couldn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment