Friday 11 April 2014

Theres Always Someone Worse Off...

The lady opposite me has had a spinal stroke, she has been told she will never walk again.  A physiotherapist was late coming to see her, and he just told her to stretch, and wheel up and down the corridor. What she said when he left made me want to hug her. “He doesn't want to know anymore, I’m stuck in a chair for rest of my life, no one has time for me…”

I wasn’t motivated that day at all, I wanted to stay in bed and sleep, but that’s when it hit me; if you've got the chance to make something work, give it your all”  

This woman still says morning to everyone and smiles.  Her husband visits her every day, updating her on the house and how he's had to turn it into a ‘disabled house’.  

My thought for the day, week is:  Never give up, someone else's problems can always be much worse than your own.

I will never forget this lady, she's one of the many troupers I have met in here, who push through the boredom and frustration, and smile and joke!  When the church lady comes to speak to us, we pretend to sleep.  She will never walk again but she stays strong and never cries.


She is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment