Monday 21 April 2014

weekend release

Everything felt normal, accept me. Luke stayed saturday and sunday. My mum cooked us breakfast in bed and dinner. I was sleeping with a duvet in my newly decorated room. I despised Luke for being a visitor but able to walk around go upstairs and downstairs when he wanted too. in a place I used to be able to do those things.

On sunday me and Luke laid in bed all day watching Game of Thrones and catching up with Family Guy, it felt normal. We ate chocolate, percy pigs  and Luke kept falling asleep. Everything was perfect; no nurses asking if i was ok, nothing getting in the way, just my arm that moves upwards everytime i yawn. the last time me and Luke had stayed together was when he stayed in the hospital over night with me.
Everyone keeps telling me to just focus on physio and not countdown the days till i can go home but when you're in hospital all you do is countdown, i cant wait to get home.

That evening was tough, we all sat in the same places at the table where we'd sat 9 weeks ago,(before the stroke)  when i could walk, use both hands. we all ate dinner and discussed how the shower would work. As i need a shower stool. I was terrified to have one. My mum watched me the whole time checking i didn't fall and making sure the grab rail was in the right place. But after it i hadn't felt so clean in a long time.

Luke watched match of the day while I slept, I tried so hard to make sure my affected arm was straight and safe , as Luke told me he'd slept on it the night before. I remember a week ago thinking how slow it would be until I was on weekend release, but it went so quick. This makes me realise that maybe the time till I get discharged might come around quickly too. (I hope).





No comments:

Post a Comment