Tuesday 22 April 2014

things do get better

This is a post just to talk about the highs and lows of how stroke has affected me and others. I watch the lady in the bed next  to me as she only uses one arm (she also had a stroke) as she struggles to put jumpers on and get dressed, shes in the very early stages, but I know things do get better, I've given her advise on getting dressed using one arm. (things my OT has taught me)
Today was tough, she explained what happened to a doctor and like I used to do, burst into tears. Shes still in the 'why me' stage, but it soon passes. It made me cry because I can sympathise exactly how she feels. I asked her if she was alright knowing she wasn't. We both cried and talked about how hard it is, but i told her 'Things do get better' She told me i'm an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment