Thursday 24 April 2014

Progress

I motivate myself every monday and most days to continue doing Physio and OT by writing what I couldn't do and  compare it to a list of 'things i can do now' obviously on day 1 I was completely paralysed down my left side, i'm lucky my recovery has been quite quick but i'm told it slows down. This is to share my progress whilst i've been in hospital and to prove to myself that no matter how boring it is, hard work pays off.
Things i couldn't do: (day 1)
Stand
Get dressed
Shower
My make-up
dry my hair
Walk
Sit in public
Balance
Smile
Move my arm
Memory test
Move my leg
Pant my nails
Feel Anything on my arm/leg

I can now do all of the above even put on a bra with one hand, which people find impressive it took a while and practice makes perfect. I will be in a wheelchair when i'm home because I can't walk properly and they need to teach me how to (hopefully with physio, in time I will be able to walk again)




No comments:

Post a Comment