Friday 20 March 2015

Preparing for my future

The other day I bought a sketchbook that I'm starting as a 'scrapbook' to write and draw all the early stages of my recovery till the newest memories; who's been there, my story, my blog posts, my plans, my goals, who decided to leave me when  everything was tough, what it feels like, drawn images of how my brain feels (all the confusion, struggles, stress and many more...) 
As I've decided I'm returning to uni. I decided now was a good time to start the scrapbook, my last attempt was a fail as I wasn't recovered enough to properly write everything down.. I'd cry & just find everything to hard to remember.. 
It's helping me move on from the stroke & focus on my future and new goals.. 
It'll be something to reflect on for when I feel down and something to show people if they ask... 

I'd forgotten how good it feels to open a sketchbook and plan the; colours, typography, text and images you're going to use... 
But when I started it, it all came back.. 

'Liz maybe you should start by drawing stuff'
Mainly words said by people who never believed i would  return to the same uni course.. So now I'll prove you wrong. 

After looking around my uni recently and seeing a few posters someone in my old class had done about his autism, made me really think about how I could turn my stroke into some form of art and help me progress and if I keep adding to the scrapbook I'll potentially have a sketchbook filled for it (one less stress) 

So this is the start of my closure and start of focusing on how far I've come since day one.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment