Monday 31 July 2017

A shoulder to cry on..

and a person to rely on,

Today out of weeks of anxiously waiting; testing my urine waiting '60 seconds' for the colour to change to the amount of protein in my urine, walking around literally for 10 minutes and my calf swelling so much, my stomach so bloated that I looked about 5 months pregnant.. (I'm not)

I think you get the gist.. 

As I waited in another waiting room staring at numerous posters promoting health conditions and watching the nurse shout Patients one by one for blood pressure checks and weight checks..
40 minutes later my name was called.
I'm polite to people when I meet them, especially doctors after all they're helping you. 

"So, you have 3 + protein in your urine, I think you're relapsing or have relapsed"

My mum took over with questions which I'm thankful for as I was so confused.. 

I've suffered from nephrotic syndrome since I was 15 months old, 
My mums been in charge of my care, since then.

Teaching me the symptoms and signs of when I'm ill again..

Trying to eat spaghetti bolognaise (my absolute favourite dinner!)
And noticing some weird bright pink dust/clumps that I now know are steroids..

Today I was given a long prescription of hand written medication to add to my fun list of medication at the moment..

I've always been conscious of my weight which is why I try to loose weight (so when and if I relapse I won't be enormous) that's what people don't understand..

Mum knows when I'm upset.. as we left I burst into tears and due to my stroke when I cry it's so much!
'When it rains it pours'..
'I know it's though I really do Liz..'
*you don't though*
After saying this to my mum I realised the times she'd hug me and reassure me everything was going to be alright, remembering that she's made me the person I am today and going through what I have, so she knows more than I do.

Life's so difficult at times but you realise who's there for you through these moments, 
And now I actually have people I can count on..

So let's crack on with these tablets and steroids, creating a moon face and weight gain..
To get better again.

No comments:

Post a Comment