Wednesday 26 July 2017

Friends..

I wrote a blog post about 'friends' just after my stroke, not a positive one as it wasn't a positive outcome from my stroke,
I lost all my friends for not being capable of things I could do before,
You know..
Drinking
Walking
Having a laugh
Being positive
Feeling wide awake

Probably everything that you'd presume from those people who aren't friends, just acquaintances.

I learnt they weren't and never were friends from day 1 after my stroke;

I blamed myself and hated my body

I used to go drinking probably once a month.. the usual;
Hand on hip (usually left arm) pose
Massive heels that I thought I could walk in (luckily I never bought really expensive ones
There's probably so much more but I've stopped reflecting on them as it's not me anymore

Yes I drink ( probably to much)
I don't go out because I get self conscious still and upset when  my 'friends' ignore me as if I don't exist..

As I've began university I've made REAL friends, some I've known since before my stroke and new friends who treat me like anyone else, they all offer to give me a 'helping hand' excuse the pun it definitely wasn't intended..

We meet up, go for lunch and just hang around as normal..

'Liz when you're older you'll be able to count your true friends on one hand'
Everyone ignores this but it's true..

I have a real circle of friends, friends who don't need to drink to have fun..

If you're reading this, thank you for being there every step of the way..

No comments:

Post a Comment