Friday 28 July 2017

Transport..

I write this as I'm sat on a train from Maidstone - Canterbury as I met my friend for lunch..
I never really do transport or travelling blog posts as to me now, it's part of my everyday life..
But I guess you're wondering how a stroke survivor gets to destinations,
I use busses and obviously trains, when needed..
Mums always been so anxious about trains especially and now I can see why, the step before getting on and off
Hustling past the crowd rushing to return home..

My walking is always going to improve I hope
Like I say all the time, I'm so fortunate to of been taught a technique that matches every other persons walk gate and way..

I still can't bend my knee enough to stop hyperextending, but like I know that that's a normal side effect after a stroke..
I guess that's why people stare, my legs swings when I'm tired, just a tad not a lot,
But my walking is really fast, sometimes I walk to fast that I'll be speeding ahead of friends..
Yay go me :)

It's scary to think I couldn't even lift my leg three years ago. Now it's everyday..

Trains are so tiring especially staring out the window as your brains processing everything!
*oo trees*

I love transport and I love the fact I can actually manage to use it.

I don't know if you've learnt enough about using transport after a stroke from this
But I thought I'd give you a rough idea from my experience.

Anyway I'm going to lean my head on the window of a train and try to sleep..

No comments:

Post a Comment