Monday 5 March 2018

“I am disabled”

As usual I sat at the front of the bus that I regularly get home..

After a long day at university because I’d walked there this morning and I still get fatigued and struggle walking home when I’m tired.. because I am disabled.

A man approaches me on the bus..
“And are you disabled?”
*here we go..*
I take a deep breath keeping calm because I know I’m entitled to this seat and he is elderly and also stress causes my  seizures, I haven’t had any today (as of yet..) this idiot shall not be the cause.

“I am disabled”

He looks confused..
*hes old just, Lizzie leave it..*

The lady behind gets him to sit next to her..

Why do we live in such a judgemental world?
If I was old would this happen?

He then complains to the bus driver and I have to explain; my disability, show my arm, explain my ‘stroke’

Why should I need to explain myself?

My beautiful brain..
that stayed calm and on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment