Wednesday 7 March 2018

“You don’t remember me do you”

Today was a strange day but something that will stay with me for the rest of my life just like why I quote the name of this post..

As I sat on the bus I turn the a lady who I knew the face of I knew it was her.
She stared at me..
“You don’t remember me do you”
I confidently said..
“The young girl on Kingston ward?”
I smiled.. prepared to finish her sentence..
*Lizzie don’t, just let her speak*
“Yeah in the side room”
She looked at me confused as to why I’d even started the conversation..

“Thankyou for showing me the photo album of you and your twin learning to walk, when I had my down days I thought of that”

I pictured her turning the pages and me crying uncontrollably at a nurse who’d been through an operation on her legs much worse than my stroke..

My beautiful brain
And the picture memory of Kingston ward that now doesn’t deal with acute stroke patients.


No comments:

Post a Comment