Sunday 4 March 2018

Me & my brain injury..

I’m still living with a brain injury and will be for the rest of my life

People don’t understand that I get confused and hurt by the littlest things

So don’t try to be sarcastic with me.

“Lizzie why are you so bothered?”
*do I have to explain?*

“I have a brain injury I’m so sorry..”

These are strangers they don’t get it, why don’t they get me?

People stare at me when I walk round corners in a box like way..
‘Narrow minded’ my mum calls it.

*brain injury mode*

The seizures make it worse

Epilepsy nurse: “so your MRI results came back and they found something”
My heart races.. “what?! My doctor said they didn’t!!”
“Yeah.. a brain”
*takes a while,*
“Don’t fucking joke with me, I have a brain injury”
My epilepsy nurse stares blankly..
“You do know I have a report with me and I don’t understand certain things..”
“Oh you have a report..”

They don’t get it.

Do you see..

Even the nurses don’t know.

My beautiful brain

No comments:

Post a Comment