Tuesday 27 February 2018

Still training..

I guess you could say recovery is ‘training’

I mean I can’t go to the gym because I do still suffer from seizures;
Myoclonic - arm jerks
 ( the most annoying )
Absent - I just walk around in a daze and don’t seem to know what’s going on
 (so can’t really comment)
Tonic clonic -
 (my last one was on the 1st of January, so these are slowing down..)

from those who’ve followed my blog from day one know that the I was told recovering from a stroke is like ‘training for a marathon’ I’ve recently started calling my blog my beautiful brain due to accepting how my recovery has made me feel; confident, independent and much more accepting of who I am and how far I’ve come.

When the weather is bad I have to accept I can’t leave my flat because I’d fall, when I’m tired I need to accept I need rest incase I have a seizure..

 I’m still in training mode, the best is yet to come..

“So Elizabeth what will you do when you leave university”
“I’m going to continue my recovery, because university was only phase one”
people don’t realise that recovery is a life long process..



also how cool is my cover photo, I made it ;) ..

My beautiful brain..




No comments:

Post a Comment