Sunday 11 February 2018

four years..

I looked to the left, to see machines; my mum, step dad and at the time someone I thought I was dependent on, crying and unsure of how I’d recover..
“She’s had a stroke”
I was only 20.. surrounded by old people laying in a bed with nurses looking over me, nurses I now pass as I walk the corridor of the hospital I now attend my appointments, on my own. Watching their faces drop and some stopping me to get the whole
“YOUVE DONE SO WELL, OH MY GOD!”

I then walk back to the bus stop to get the bus home to my flat where I live with my fiancé. Where I lay my MacBook on the coffee table. I then sit on our sofa and sigh from a busy day walking..
around the hospital and other days university which includes; Studying, thinking and learning.

My beautiful brain
And the beautiful recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment