Sunday 30 November 2014

Everyone's stroke is different so don't compare me.

Something I'd get on a regular basis was people comparing my stroke to their grandparents or someone they knew who had, had a stroke. ''Yeah you'll get your hand back my granddad did after a year'' to be honest, I wasn't found until the next morning and wasn't thrombolise d so the blood clot was still damaging my brain for hours after I'd probably had it. Don't tell me what's gonna come back and what's probably not. Don't compare my stroke to someone you know might of had one and definitely don't talk to me as if you were with me from day one. There's nothing more that upsets me to be honest. I'm just dealing with the fact I've actually had one and trying to get my life back. I really don't need your 'trying to help' comments because it doesn't.


Rant over, and hopefully it sticks in people's heads 

No comments:

Post a Comment