Sunday 9 November 2014

The truth about it all..

So when you're in hospital they don't prepare you for the days you might go on a boat and try to walk across without falling over, They just prepare you for; washing yourself, feeding yourself, dealing and coping emotionally with whats actually happened to your body.


To be fair it was quite funny, but scary, I tried to walk to the toilet while the boat was moving but failed, My legs were all wobbly and I shut my only working hand in the toilet door. As well as being really sea sick, I did manage it. But they don't tell you stuff like '''oh by the way walking on a moving ferry or sitting on a plane gripping the seats hoping the height doesn't cause another stroke or explosion of blood clots in your brain again'' is whats to come, as well as feeling like life's going to be this way forever and emotionally dealing with people staring at you like you're not allowed to have a disability.
And the numerous amounts of people that honestly think saying ''well age is on your side'' is going to make you feel any better, ''oh yeah age is well on my side, I had a stroke at 20 so yeah age loves me!''

I try to hide how that comment makes me feel, but if only you knew how rude it feels and angry it makes me, just like 'well luckily  you're right handed!' Yep luckily, but honestly try putting leggings or a bra on with one hand. or fighting the fatigue on a daily basis wondering if the next conversation you're about to have will just shut your brain down to sleep mode where everything feels impossible.

another thing that really annoys me is ''You'll get there you're getting stronger everyday'' Yeah so strong that I still have to sit on a stool in the shower because my leg shakes so much if I stand for longer than 5minutes. Bloody love my left side. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment