Thursday 6 November 2014

''she had a stroke in february and needs to do something to get her back to uni''

So last night I went to look around Canterbury College, didn't go as well as I thought it would, we spent an hour being redirected around to different posts to talk to different people.
They wrote my name on a sticker and I stuck it on my chest.

I went there to talk about doing a nail course but all I got was;
''ahh I find it so interesting, The course will be harder but you need to do things you wanna do''

So yeah thanks, well helpful and not patronising at all.

I saw a board full of pictures and stuff i'd of done at my uni, I instantly sat down and asked if i'd be able to do it. unfortunately because I already have a BTEC Extended diploma in Art & Design which got me an unconditional offer into university they said i'm too 'over qualified' something I honestly never thought i'd hear. My mum even laughed when they said it. Shows you how unlikely and how shocking it was.
As we walked out I just needed to cry. My uni is right next door to the college (UCA) and I literally looked over and felt my heart drop, I'll never skip a day of uni again or say I hate it. Because truth is when somethings taken away from you, it makes you realise how much you actually enjoyed it.

So I sat in the car, and just cried, My mum held my hand and looked at me with the most caring look saying  ''It wont always be this way Liz, if Dan was here what would he say?'' I just laughed and smiled uncontrollably.

The only good thing that came out of visiting the college was a guy asking me if I was in Year 11. My mum laughed and was like ''well at least you still look young''


So I need to plan my next step of my recovery, because that was a huge fail.





No comments:

Post a Comment