Wednesday 12 November 2014

Feeling a connection

I know it's completely different and I honestly can't imagine being burnt or my house being on fire but I watched EastEnders earlier and literally feel how Kat felt aiming to leave the house and being so scared you just freeze and stand in a spot feeling so lost confused and as if everyone is talking about you.
When you have a stroke you can end up with serious disabilities, that could last your whole life of be temporary, I remember the first few times I was asked to go out and meet friends or just go for a walk somewhere with my Physio's I was so scared, terrified in fact, trying to push out all the stares and people just looking at you, I remember just hugging my physio after the first ever walk I did around my estate and just repeatedly saying ''why me? please just make this all stop, please just take me back to the days i'd be me and accepted''

It's a lot easier to leave the house now but you still get all the same worries, instead of looking in a mirror at how my make-up looks, I look to see if I look normal enough to be accepted. It's something that some people never gain or get back; confidence, and I was told it was one of the hardest things to get back after my stroke, but luckily I can leave the house without the crying and worrying of what others think.





No comments:

Post a Comment