Wednesday 15 November 2017

Hi I’m Elizabeth..

I’m not your average young adult..
I’ve had to grow up quicker than the rest of you,
I mean I'm not saying I'm completely an adult or mature I still act like a child.
because thats what happens after a stroke, your brain is almost child like,

but no one will understand that, they will notice the little bits;

laughing uncontrollably
saying what you think out loud without thinking it through
learning to walk
adapting to life
learning to read write and see things in an adult way

and I suppose to you *being 'normal*

Hi I'm Elizabeth..

I'm not a stroke survivor, I'm me.
I'm who I want to be, I'm strong, I may not be capable of things you are, or things I could do 'before'
but, thats okay because thats what my brain can learn..

Hi I'm Elizabeth..

I struggle with slopes and stairs because my knee is weak, my arm is in a bent position but it is strong believe it or not :)

My hand is clenched into a fist, but does open.. slowly
and I can punch with it..

I take probably more medication than most people over the age of 60, but thats okay.

Because I'm normal.

I am me.


No comments:

Post a Comment