Thursday 9 November 2017

MY blood cancer :)

You know it’s real when it’s on the McMillan cancer support page:

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/blood-cancer/blood-disorders-neoplasms/essential-thrombocythaemia.html


‘Blood cancer’


Essential thrombocythaemia (ET) is a rare condition which affects the bone marrow – the spongy material found in bones. Bone marrow is where our blood cells are made. In ET, too many platelets are made. Platelets help the blood to clot.


Rare..
“Lizzie, it’s rare”

That’s what I tell myself everytime I swallow my chemotherapy, everytime I brush through my hair and think about how much is clogging up mine and Liam’s plug.

“Lizzie, it’s rare”

My skin goes blue and patchy showing the scars from my splint all down my left side.

Blood cancer..

It’s something that caused my stroke

I find those ‘advice pages’ really unhelpful because quite frankly it’s up to me to cope and I find it easier to just deal with it.


This blog post is short and difficult to write because its a 'touchy subject'..

All I'll end it with is;
''KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON"


No comments:

Post a Comment