Thursday 2 November 2017

Hospitals..

The only place where people accept your disability..


I always try to be my best because I remember how much I was ‘put down’
I remember telling professionals  I wanted to be able to walk to my own appointments again because it’s what I’d do ‘before’ this meant gaining independence and confidence again..

Hospitals..

The long corridor that when it was being built they assumed adding some horrible glittery ‘overlay’ on the floor would possibly make your experience ‘enjoyable’..

I always get lost (believe it or not)
‘Excuse me where is haematology?’

Hospitals..

I feel at ‘home’
Letting my arm loose comfortable with the way I look and when people stare feeling confident enough to smile and be positive

‘Oh but you should feel like that everyday, look what you’ve been through’

Hospitals..

The dreaded moment someone in a bed gets wheeled past you by a porter looking ill as anything unknown to where their going to be ‘placed’ and all I can think of is ‘please don’t say they’ve suffered a stroke’

Hospitals..

I find them scary, the nurses all know me because well ‘Im the young girl who had the stroke’
The pathology ‘team’ all say hi to me.

Oh yes I’m a regular *yay*

When I was on the stroke ward some nurse took my blood and it was never given in (therefore someone out there has my blood)..
me and mum used to laugh about it claiming he was a vampire..

Hospitals..

The dull pictures you see as you sit in the waiting rooms, flowers and  scenes from places that only the elderly would visit.

The loud ringtones people have that they seem embarrassed by, but at the point of choosing them they were probably very excited.. some upbeat drum noise on an old Nokia. *There’s probably a remix version now*

Hospitals..

The only time people can escape their home, for some people this is probably their only time out, they open up and you hear everything that is and has ever been wrong with them..

Janice currently has a bad foot and can’t climb her stairs..
Her neighbor was rushed to the hospital and Janice is ‘very worried’
Sympathetic sigh from the lady looking really uninterested next to her..

Hospitals..

No comments:

Post a Comment