Wednesday 22 November 2017

Me and MY disability..

Everyone struggles, that’s normal..

And everyone who has a disability has different ‘symptoms, struggles,worries and so on..’

“But you’re not disabled!”

Hidden disability? Duh* (rolling eyes emoji)

People have this strange assumption that because I’m a young woman clearly looking healthy as I am capable of standing on my own two feet, that ‘I am not disabled, because oh yes;
Everyone that is ‘disabled HAS to be in a wheelchair’ *myth*

Life is full of judgemental people and people who make you feel really uncomfortable, I’ve really struggled with this since my stroke due to how people treat me..

‘I stood up and put my coat on showing everyone my arm doesn’t work so they knew I had a disability’

‘Liz, you shouldn’t have to do that!’

I shouldn’t but I do..

Me and MY disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment