Tuesday 7 November 2017

MY stroke of confidence..

confidence comes from strength. ( I think)
confidence isn't just walking into a room and talking to people.

confidence is waking up and getting dressed, it's realising that I've got to do this and get on with this day which could be a full day (due to when my fatigue allows me to wake up..)

confidence is shutting the front door behind me and my foot touching the pavement knowing I'm officially outside,
"you can do this Lizzie!"

confidence..

confidence is going a whole day not thinking about seizures or hallucinating, seeing that person who follows you around and constantly tells you 'you're going to have a seizure! it's going to happen'..

confidence is spending a whole day at uni, standing up from chairs when were asked to 'move' or waiting in reception on my own for my learning support (who's always late by the way)..

confidence..

I found gaining my confidence really hard because people still try to put me down, even those who I've known for years..

But after a brain injury it is literally the hardest thing.. you're constantly doubting yourself
'I'll never be liked' bla bla, but people don't see that..

I'm safe :)
I'm confident.



No comments:

Post a Comment